Wednesday 9 July 2014

Mamelukes

Babies and dresses are a bit difficult combination. Since babies don't tend to stand upright, at least not all the time, the dresses do not drape nicely over the bum. Instead babies crawl in various ways and try to eat the hem of their dress. If you don't dress the baby with pants or tights the diaper can be seen. Not that the diaper is such a bad thing to see, but I feel like it bit ruins the look of the dress and tights or pants are a bit too much on a hot summer day. And that is why I made Likka underpants to wear over the diaper. I had the lace and the fabric already at home and used a bit modified pattern from an Ottobre magazine 1/2013 pattern 2. I think they look super cute on Likka and my dad asked if they sell lace diapers in stores nowadays, hilarious.




In case you are wondering about the title. These style of underpants are in Finnish called mamelukes (mamelukit). I do not know why.

2 comments:

  1. Ha, eating the hem. :) They're called bloomers here. I think these are super cute and I have wondered why so few people use them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, bloomers, my dictionary did not know that word, thanks.
    I have not seen these in stores, perhaps these are found too old fashioned

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...