Wednesday 6 November 2013

Personalizing a diaper bag


From the hospital where we gave birth we received a diaper bag with free goodies inside. It's a good bag. It's good size and from a material that can be wiped clean. The problem is that everyone has the same bag and so those can be easily mixed up. Also it has a logo of a disposable diaper manufacturer. There is nothing particularly bad about this manufacturer, it's as good as any, but I just do not want to advertise them.



That is why I embroidered an image on a fabric and attached that on the bag. The image I chose refers to Likka's real name. I used stain stitch on the edges of the image and loosely filled the areas with cross stitches in different shades. I attached the fabric to the bag with buttonhole stitch. And that's it, now it cannot be mixed up with all other diaper bags.


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations for your little baby girl! She has a beautiful name if I got it right.
    I must confess I read your posts regularly and I always go to Chez Larsson via your blog. I'm just lazy to leave a comment.

    - T from neighbourhood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sometimes lazy with commenting too, so I understand. I'm happy to hear you visit here often.
      And thank you, I think it's a beatiful name. I onder if you are thinking of the same name. That image only refers to one name in my opinion, but I might not be clever enough to figure out any other name.

      Delete
  2. That's a great improvement, the natural colors really balance out the bright green and make the whole thing cuter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of making a diaper bag but I thought it was bit worthless since we have this one. But now this free bag is good one. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Now it's really personal and belongs to you and the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. You are always making or fixing something, something I haven't been doing in a while. Can't wait to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't get some project moving on or finished in a day I feel like that has been a day not worth living at all. Don't know if that is good or bad.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...