Monday 15 July 2013

Sofaside wall lamp

Yay! I got rid of a floor lamp that had been on the side of our living room sofa and replaced it with a wall lamp.



I love things that are attached to the walls (or ceiling). I do not mind drilling gazillion holes to our walls especially when I can get rid of things that need to be kept on the floor. Also the floor lamp we had was not really of my taste and I bought this Ikea PS lamp to replace it. 

I fell for that lamp already sometime last year when I saw it the first time, but then I did not know where I could use that lamp. At some point this year I had started to think that the wall lamp could be good in the spot we had the floor lamp. I did not run out to buy the lamp but waited till I had something else to get from Ikea. Now after many months we finally had to give in and did need to get some baby gear from there so I at the same time bought the lamp.



I'm really really happy about the wall lamp, it has good cool light and it's modern. Looking at it from a distance makes it appear as it is attached quite high and it is, I just don't want to hit my head to it when I sit on the sofa or that any of our guests would hit their head to it.

6 comments:

  1. It's funny how things always look so simpler and cleaner when they're off the floor. I think the height looks fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And airier (<- is that a word?). I first thought I placed it too high, I'm glad it does not seem that way to you.

      Delete
  2. It makes cleaning easier too. We have a heavy floor lamp in similar place and it's not very practical when vacuuming or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To ease the vacuuming is mainly why I wanted a wall lamp, and I'm not even the one who vacuums in this home. I also dislike the cords that run to the floor lamps.

      Delete
  3. Very cool lamp!I liked it since the day Ikea came out with it but we don't need another lamp in the house ;) It looks great in your space as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! We neither needed another lamp, but this replaced an old one, so getting it was justified :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...