Monday 13 August 2012

Giant washi tape

Look what I got from work! Giant washi tape rolls, two of them!


I don't really understand why the washi tape is such a hit as it is now, but I had also bought few rolls of washi tape with big money. The tapes are seriously expensive.



At work I sit close by to the designers of the company and they have alsorts of interesting material samples just lying about. I admired these washi tape rolls to one of the designers and once she noticed how much I liked them she offered them to me. Apparently they didn't have any use for the tapes.

It is good to open your mouth from time to time and let people know what you are interested in.

9 comments:

  1. I have never seen washi tape this wide- pretty cool (enjoy!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither had I, although there must be even wider ones, these were just samples.

      Delete
  2. I don't know that I have ever seen washi tape in real life. What does one do with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's patterned tape with a paperish texture, that is why I cannot really understand the hype. I think scrapbookers use it quite a lot.

      Delete
    2. I think the hype is that it is a removable way to decorate apartment walls etc, places where you cannot paint. I just sent the suppliers web site to my sons fiance (she speaks fluent Japanese) to find out how much it is and how to order it.

      Delete
  3. How cool, I didn't know it came that big...and for free!
    I like to use small strips to tape pictures to the wall. And I also think it looks cute to use small strips as labels, like in a pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those are some serious rolls! So cool you got them for free. I recently ordered 4 rolls of washi tape and have yet to use it. It looks pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought also four small rolls from Japan, but have not used them much.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...