Friday 19 April 2013

Newsflash

The things I've shown in this blog are not the only crafts I've done since New Year. Besides the spring jacket and the night gown I have started all sorts of things and have finished lot too. So even though I've done a lot I have not wanted to show you what I've done. That would have been just too early. Now since time has passed and all my family and friends know I think it's safe for me to tell you guys too. Next pictures might open it up for you...



Yes yes.... we are having a kid. He or she should born around early September. So that is what's been happening here. (Oh and it's funny that just this Monday Santa from Homestilo came forward with similar news, really exciting and fun, I've been following her blog for more than a year and now Kaboom! she too had news like this. Her pregnancy is bit further though.)

This is now the week twenty in the pregnancy (for those who do not know, like I didn't, pregnancy usually lasts about forty weeks). Both me, the kid and A have been feeling surprisingly good. Only when I found out about the pregnancy I got a one and a half week long anxiety attack, which made me feel like I could not eat, sleep or even breath. But that passed once I got accustomed to the whole idea (and yes this whole thing was planned and all, I have no idea where the anxiety attack came from). But ever since that I have been feeling more or less normal, which of course is excellent, there has even been times that I've forgotten about the pregnancy thing altogether.

Anyway there is a newsflash for you!

14 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Congratulations! What a happy surprise. :D And you're half-way through already?! So happy for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that little outfit is adorable too! Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina. In Finland there is always an ultrasound on the week 20 and I wanted to wait for that and know that everything is ok before I let the whole world know about this. We actually do know the sex, A wanted to know it and so I of course heard it too. But I was thinking that I will keep that a secret from you, hope you don't mind.

      Delete
    2. Not at all! We'll all just be watching closely for clues now. ;)

      Delete
    3. Haha, I knew that would happen. Perhaps I will start posting contradicting information... just for the fun of it :D

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! What exciting news. Can't wait to see all the little things you will be crafting. (or, rather, have been crafting, already!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you. I will show you very soon what I've done. And of course I'm working on new things all the time so I guess I will be havig lots of post about crafting.

      Delete
  4. Thanks Marlen. Yes this is our first child. After the anxiety attack I have calmed down considerably. Maybe because I have been feeling so good, I have not stressed about anything anymore. Neither me or A are that used to children, some of our friends have kids, but we have never babysit them and none of our relatives have had young children so everything will be quite new to us, but I'm sure we can cope :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! It will be exciting.

    I didn't have any experience of small kids either before we got our own, but somehow he has grown up all right I think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D
      Thank you, it is exciting!

      Delete
    2. Leena?! Congratulations to you and A! This is such a pleasant surprise for me (to know that someone else is going through the same craziness as I am- I think I'm still having some panic about it)
      I am 26 weeks today, so yes, a little further along.

      But this Suomi baby will be extra lucky because his mommy can knit such cute things!

      Delete
    3. Thank you Santa! I agree, it's really nice to have someone to share the experiences with. I might panic later, but for now I'm feeling really confident. Hope that lasts.
      And thank you very much about the compliment on my knitting abilities, I really appreciate that.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations Leena! I am so happy for you and A. And I see you have already been very busy sewing things for the little one. It will be one lucky baby. Those trousers (from a later post) will look super cute with a diaper butt in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nina. It might be that I've made so many things that in the end I forgot to actually wear the baby in those :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...