Monday 9 June 2014

Before and after: True minimalism


We used to have a dining table in our kitchen, but we sold it. The kitchen feels so big, fresh and open to new which makes me feel good. I've been sitting on the floor of the kitchen and just admiring the openness. 



But really, that is not how it's going to stay. We are not true minimalists. We are getting a table. My sister is moving together with her boyfriend and she has a very nice old table and chairs which do not fit into their apartment at the moment. So we have agreed to store the table until they do have space for it. And therefore we sold the old kitchen table which was nothing fancy and my sister's table is much nicer. The table we had sold much faster than we thought and now for a while we are going without a table. We do have a dining table in the living room, although it is bit of a hassle to transport all the food and tableware there all the time. Anyway I have found it quite nice still to have the kitchen so empty, it feels refreshing. Now we also had the opportunity clean the floor and the radiator thoroughly.

6 comments:

  1. It s great you are enjoying the open space. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look wonderful. I will miss this space when it's gone.

      Delete
  2. I'm curious, since you don't often use your other dining table for eating, is there something else you use it for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mainly it's used as an office table. I tend to keep my laptop on it and blog and browse web there. I thought I would blog in the office, but my crafts have taken over all the space in that room.

      Ofcourse the dining table in the living room collects all sorts of stuff looking for its' proper home, like all the surfaces in our home :)

      Delete
  3. Well, I hope you enjoy your sister's table (be sure to share pics!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have got the table now and I will show pics, just need to clean the kitchen again before photographing it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...