Monday 23 June 2014

Old new kitchen table

Like mentioned here we got rid of our kitchen table to make room for a new one or actually an old one. The table is not exactly antique but old anyway. It is my sister's table, but she does not have room for it at the moment so we are keeping it for her. The style of the table is not something I normally like. I'm more of a fan of modern or mid century furniture, but yet I like this old table. Perhaps it is because it's on loan, I do not need to keep it forever or because it is about the only decorative furniture in our home and therefore it's not overwhelming. Or maybe it's because my sister has recovered the chair cushions with modern fabric. 




I'm happy to keep the table for her. This table is way better than the one we used to have. I also like that this is rectangular in shape, the old one wasted a lot of floor space. We also decided to have the other table against the wall, before we had the table in front of the window. Now there is much more space between the table and the sink. On the picture below is the old table and how it was placed.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you like your new table! It is quite old looking in terms of style. I like the new place, too--and what a sweet picture of Likka. Love the reflection. She's at that age where she can keep herself entertained by her own face--that's great. I think it helps build self-consciousness and self-control. Good things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is old looking, I would not care for such a style normally.
      She tries to eat (or kiss :) ) her own reflection, but her favourite game is to look at mine or A's reflection from a mirror then look at us and then look back at the reflection, she thinks it's awfully funny when she can see us in double :D

      Delete
  2. It's vintage, but it has nice, simple lines. Maybe that's what helps it go with your house so well. The recovered chairs are nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only ornate part are the table legs, so you are right it is fairly simple.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...