Here are also few pictures from the room, they were taken last spring, but the room has not changed one bit (except that I donated those big pillows on the bed just this saturday).
What we want from the room is that it can hold all the paperwork in the shelves, a computer station for A, a guest bed, a table for crafting and sewing and a chair for reading. Also I want it to be open and fresh and white. So here is how the floor plan will be.
And here is what we are going to do: Floorplan
- Buy a Sesam wall bed mechanism and place the guest bed inside a closet (the grey rectangle in the floorplan)
- Move the shelf on the small window wall closer to the small window (the yellow long rectangle)
- Move the table against the big window wall, or even get a new table
- Place a table board inside the shelf (the yellow rectangle on the top right corner) to create a computer station
- Get a nicer looking office chair for A
Building, painting and sewing
- Remove wallpaper and paint the room white or light colour
- Make a closet for the guest bed
- Paint the shelves white
- Sew a roman blind for the big window or get a roller blind
- Sew a slipcover for the chair
I want to thank Kattis for introducing me the Sesam wall bed mechanism. We are planning a trip to Stockholm this winter and are most likely going to buy the mechanism from there. How do you like my plan? Any gaps found? I know it's going to be lot of work. I especially dread the painting of the shelves, that is going to be very labourous, but I hate the shade of the wood the shelves are now.