Friday 18 May 2012

Silicone again

Sorry no post about finished toilet renovation. I had planned to paint the radiators and the metal covers from the toilet, but on Thursday morning I realized I did not have any paint for metal and Thursday was a holiday here because of the Ascension day, so all stores were closed. I think I had kind of realized that, because I remember thinking that I should go to a hardware store on Wednesday, but then didn't feel like going.

That is why I will bore you with another silicone post. I had some silicone left in the tube and also we had the ugliest silicone joint in the bathroom between the toilet seat and the floor.


Yuck!! We had the bathroom toilet seat changed some time ago because it leaked and the guy who put a new seat there did a horrible job with the silicone. First of all it seems that he had not wiped the floor after he had installed the toilet seat but left all the gunk there. Then he also used clear silicone so all the gunk he left under it can be seen. Horrible!

I removed all the silicone using the carpet knife again. Looking at the silicone from so close and it beeing around the toilet seat made me feel sick. Then I also got a small cut to my finger from the carpet knife and I imagined getting a horible sepsis from the ickyness in the knife and dropping dead in no time.

I'm still alive, luckily with no sepsis.


Then I taped the edges and borrowed A and his thumb to press and even the silicone. I felt that my fingers were just too small for this place.


Ah, so much better. Now it feels clean.


3 comments:

  1. oh the old silicone seam looked really disgusting. I didn't even know silicone comes in different colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the silicone from Motonet and at least there they had beige, black, gray and white silicone.

      Delete
  2. Ha! Glad you didn't get sick. It looks so much better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...