Monday 6 February 2012

Frosted windows and a lesson learned


We've had -20 C (-4 F) and all the windows in the conservatory have gotten beautifully frosted. We cannot see outside from the livingroom, but the light still comes in.


Also here is a lesson to be learned. Remember when I made the ice lanterns earlier? I've been making more of them. In one comment I warned not to leave the bucket with water to freeze for too long since it can break the bucket. So do as I say not as I do. Remember to remove the ice from the bucket when the lantern walls are thick enough. If all of the water frozes solid, it pushes the bottom of the bucket so hard that it eventually breaks. Like this:


4 comments:

  1. Too bad about the bucket. I'm glad you can enjoy the frost patterns-- -20 is too cold for me to enjoy anything!
    Stay warm! We'll be at minus 6 and sunny today. (Yes, I'm bragging.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well it wasn't my favorite bucket and it had paint splatters inside. I shouldn't be but I'm kind of glad it got broken :)

      We've actually had sunny weather today too, but I've spent it in the office, plah...

      Delete
  2. Uh oh! Those windows look beautiful though. I would love to sit with a cup of coffee and just look at that all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sitting there all day would make you a popsicle :D
      But yes it is very beautiful.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...