Monday 12 December 2011

Crux blanket in mini

I know all of you have probably seen the Crux blanket by Pia Wallén on every other interior design magazine. I love the blanket, but the price of it is ridiculous so I would never ever buy it for myself (especially when one could easily make one themselves on a weaving station in the worker's academy, *hint hint*).

Okey so I'm not going to make one in full size, at leats for now, but since it's such a lovely blanket I made two in miniature size for the teahouse. I had grey felt at home and used that as a base. Then I used some white paint to make the crosses.



I cut out a stencil from a plastic document pocket. And then painted.



After the paint dryed I had myself two mini Crux blankets. Those came out so cute!


Now that I got the blankets ready, the bedding that I started to make some time ago are now fully done and just waiting for the first night guests for the teahouse.


~ ~ ~

This post belongs to the series of posts for the I'm a Giant challenge by Emily Henderson. All my posts about the challenge can be found behing this link.

7 comments:

  1. huhuhu!!! SLUMBER PARTAYYYY dibs on the blankie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. test comment? i left a few comments last night, but they all seem to have disappeared :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy I really wish I could write like you do, you seem to get through how excited you are. I'm excited too I really am!! But I cannot write it, argh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol i am so glad you don't find me pesky XD XD XD ahhh i should be working but i'm all hyped up on twitter, looking at all the upcoming reveals.....looks like an unproductive day at the office for me XD

    *jumps up and down with you!!*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...